The Pros and Cons Of Lemon Tea deserve the closest attention: we will determine which diseases can be cured by its regular use and what side effects can arise if you overdo it. Important accompanying points – from calories to the most exciting recipes – will also be considered.
In one or another quantity (depending on the variety), it includes:
- Essential oils and tannins, tannins that provide astringency of taste;
- Proteins and amino acids that affect metabolic processes in the body;
- Theine is an alkaloid that excites the nervous system;
- Pectins and vitamins – the content of the P-group is higher than in other plants, and citrus provides vitamin C;
- Organic acids and mineral compounds of phosphorus, potassium, and fluorine.
The total number of components can reach three hundred, and all components will organically combine in each cup, bringing benefits to the body.
When the drink is brewed in its pure form, it tends to zero (reaches a maximum of 0.5-1 kcal per 100 g), but adding a citrus wedge increases it to 6-14 kcal per glass (200 ml volume). And it increases significantly with the addition of any sweetener: literally, one small spoonful of sugar already contains up to 35 kcal. And with honey, the energy value also increases.
Pros and Cons Of Lemon Tea For The Human Body
It’s no secret that this fruit is a natural remedy that helps fight many diseases. Thus, regular consumption can be effective in the following situations:
- Increased endurance;
- Strengthening of immunity;
- Normalization of the nervous system and brain;
- Improved sleep quality;
- Elimination of toxins and toxins;
- Decreasing the aging process of the human body;
- Treatment of skin problems;
- Fighting depressive episodes.
Functional properties of lemon tea
- Chilled, it perfectly satisfies thirst. Just a few sips are enough to refresh yourself, which is incredibly convenient in the summer heat. Plus, it promotes the healthy removal of body fluids.
- Protects against anemia – Ascorbic acid, contained in vitamin C, improves iron absorption. As a result, tissues and muscles are more actively saturated with oxygen.
- It is a natural antiseptic, as it is rich in antioxidants that can delicately cleanse the body of harmful radicals. These provoke the emergence and development of infectious diseases. If consumed regularly without sweeteners, you can significantly strengthen your immune system.
- Due to the organic acids in its composition, it stabilizes the work of the gastrointestinal tract.
- It helps fight wrinkles. And in general, to seriously improve the skin, you can enjoy tea with lemon every morning.
- It is an entirely effective prophylactic agent for hypertension and joint problems, and it is rich in Vitamin C.
- Conveniently complements drug treatment in the fight against acute respiratory infections.
- Calms the nerves due to the relatively high content of alkaloids and pectins.
- Reduces the likelihood of the appearance and development of chronic diseases.
- Gives the necessary charge of vitamins at the turn of the seasons. It increases resistance to viruses and pleasantly warms up in cold weather.
These advantages are relevant all year round, which is also an important point. You can catch the same cold in spring, in blooming April. The drink will still show itself in the best way. But you need to treat it not as a medicine.
But as an additional tool that simplifies the removal of symptoms and accelerates recovery. For prevention, it is also good. It will preserve the male reproductive function until a respectable age and prevent problems of the genitourinary system.
What lemon tea helps from diseases
With acute respiratory viral infections or acute respiratory infections due to the diuretic action. The lemon tea quickly removes the infection and also helps to relieve pain when coughing. It is effective at the initial stage of angina development.
It activates the body’s defenses. But at the acute stage, the drink is already contraindicated, as it irritates the mucous membranes.
Lemon tea removes the urge to vomit, prevents toxins from accumulating, and destroys harmful microflora. This means it is helpful for kinetosis and poisoning.
The lemon tea also tones; therefore, it can be used with a hangover to eliminate withdrawal symptoms. In this case, it should be generously sweetened so that the water balance is restored by glucose.
With gastritis, it increases acidity (therefore, it is contraindicated for those with whom it is already off-scale).
With obesity, due to the vitamin C contained in citrus, it breaks down deposits and accelerates metabolic processes. Therefore creating the prerequisites for losing weight.
It helps to relieve negative emotions; any of them will contribute – alkaloids and pectins will not allow naughty nerves to bring stress or depression.
Is lemon tea good for children?
Yes, but only if you don’t drink it daily (otherwise you can provoke an increase in acidity). In moderation, it has the following beneficial effects:
- Stabilization of the digestive tract – relieves both diarrhea and constipation;
- Improvement of microflora – prevents bacteria from multiplying in the oral cavity;
- A more effective fight against respiratory diseases – has a diaphoretic effect;
- Normalization of temperature – contributes to its rapid churning;
- Quenching thirst (if it is excellent) without the risk of sore throat.
It generally strengthens the immune system and health, especially during periods of vitamin deficiency. Pediatricians and nutritionists advise including it in the child’s menu from the age of 10 months, but first, you should check if the crumbs are allergic to citruses, which are most straightforward to add to the drink itself in the form of slices.
Although it is also permissible to squeeze out the juice, dilute it with sugar in warm water, and then pour in – a little, a fourth or third part of the volume of a small spoon will be quite enough.
Can a pregnant or lactating woman drink lemon tea?
The expectant mother needs to exclude something from her diet and, on the contrary, add something. When carrying a baby, green varieties fall into the first category since they impair the absorption of B-group vitamins; namely, the latter is vital for forming a healthy circulatory and cardiovascular system of the fetus.
But black can be used, but only weak: chilled they will be a remedy against heartburn, nausea, and constipation. A warm one will become a natural alternative to anti-cold drugs (of course, the doctor should be aware of this treatment method).
During the period of breastfeeding, it is permissible to consume the drink moderately, carefully assessing the condition of the child. If that person suddenly starts having rashes or other allergic reactions, it is better to give up your favorite habit for a while.
Lemon tea: Benefits For Weight Loss
Its positive effect is in the active burning of fat reserves. To give maximum results, you need to drink it daily, without sugar (or other sweeteners), and before lunch because after 12-00, the metabolic processes gradually slow down.
It is believed that green varieties are better suited, although this is already a matter of personal preference. The main thing is to use it fresh, that is, no later than 1 hour after brewing, while the aroma and active substances are still preserved. Pay attention to the Wild Lemon drink – an absolute explosion of taste and vitamins.
The recipe for a drink to combat obesity conditionally looks like this:
- 200 ml of any tea you like;
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice or citrus wedge
- A few drops of honey (if nowhere without sweets, although without it fat will be burned even faster).
How to brew properly
Below is a universal step-by-step instruction for cooking. So, you need:
- Bring water to a boil, and then cool it down to 85-75 degrees Celsius (depending on the brand chosen);
- Pour over the teapot with this liquid, pour a pinch of green or black varieties into it, and pour the resulting almost boiling water;
- Let the black variety brew for 4-5 minutes, and green tea is enough to insist for 2-3 minutes;
- Take a cup of aromatic drink and add a slice of yellow fruit (or its juice).
It’s so simple – after that, you can enjoy and improve your health.
How to drink
Here are a few rules to follow to get the most out of your experience:
- Make lemon tea not too hot – boiling water can burn mucous membranes;
- Do not use it on an empty stomach – so as not to disturb the acidity level;
- Put citrus in an already slightly cooled liquid – to preserve all its properties;
- The brew should not be too steep. Otherwise, you run the risk of running into insomnia;
- Do not mix with medications during illness (exceptions – only with the permission of a doctor);
- It is better to replace the drink from yesterday (or standing for more than 6 hours) with a fresh one.
It is also essential to adhere to daily norms: for white and red varieties, for example, it is 750 ml, and for black – up to 1 liter.
How To Make Lemon Tea
Below are a few of the options that have become popular because of their simplicity, taste, and the positive impact they have.
It is an excellent choice for losing weight, getting a charge of vitamin vitality, and improving tone. So, you will need:
- A pinch of good brewing,
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed juice
- Sugar (if desired, you can refuse it altogether).
You need to boil the water, then cool it to 80 ° C, pour it over the walls of the teapot, and then pour it on the selected variety. Wait 3 minutes, add fresh (or citrus wedge) and enjoy.
The black Tea
Classic with rich taste, familiar from childhood. You need the following:
- One small spoon of Darjeeling, Earl Gray, or any other brand you like,
- A couple of slices of sunny yellow fruit,
- Honey or sugar to taste (optional).
The cooking procedure is standard; there is only a slight clarification: it is enough to brew for 4-5 minutes.
We will return to black tea with lemon: its benefits and harms will be discussed below in the section on contraindications. Now, let’s move on to the following popular option.
It can be done in a dozen different methods, but the method in a thermos is entirely original and simultaneously proved its effectiveness in the fight against excess weight.
- Cut the rhizome – at 3 cm for every 200 ml – into small cubes or slices, and fall asleep in a container that keeps the temperature.
- Add a pinch of cinnamon and 2-3 parasols for a spicy aroma and pour boiling water over it.
- Let it brew for half an hour, cool a little, and use, not forgetting to put a slice of citrus in a cup.
It is an excellent choice for the cold season, as it warms up perfectly, turns out to be tasty, and cooks quickly. It is brewed according to the standard scheme, from any variety you like, even Indian, even Chinese.
There are only two nuances: firstly, the sweetener, in the amount of two small spoons, must be dissolved in an already well-chilled drink, and secondly, a piece of fruit should be put into a glass only after that.
When hot, it removes mild pain and soothes naughty nerves. To make it, take dried mint leaves and mix them with tea leaves.
Pour them over with boiling water, and brew for 5-7 minutes. Fresh ones can be used exclusively as decoration, but a slice of citrus (or freshly squeezed juice) is a must in every cup.
This is the case when men should not abuse it – so as not to upset the hormonal balance.
It is gorgeous with its bouquet, in which fragrant notes play multifacetedly; it warms up remarkably – it helps to get a good mood on a winter evening. It is brewed almost standardly: the only difference is that half of a spicy cinnamon stick needs to be chopped and separately diluted in heated water and when combined with a drink that has been infused for 5-10 minutes.
Cold with mint
Refreshes in the heat and relieves dullness. It’s straightforward to prepare: take 2 small spoons of your favorite black or green tea, pour boiling water, wait, add the juice of half a yellow fruit, a little sugar to taste, excellent and, attention, mix with 150 ml of soda (mineral water) – you get a light and pleasant cocktail …
Contraindications and Side Effects Of Lemon Tea
Many words have already been written about the benefits of lemon tea for the body; now, let’s see how it is harmful. When consumed excessively, it has the following negative effects:
- The manifestation of allergies – rashes, age spots, redness, and other similar reactions. Incredibly often, such phenomena are observed in young children, in whose diet a drink is introduced (perhaps not even directly, but indirectly, that is, with the milk of a nursing mother).
- An increase in the general level of acidity – for those who already have it high, it is better to forget about a cup or two of fragrant Pu-erh with citrus before bed, at lunchtime, or on an empty stomach. Otherwise, it may even come to the formation of new ulcers or the opening of old ones. Well, heartburn will also certainly make itself felt – there is nothing pleasant in a burning sensation behind the breastbone.
- The development of hypertension – if the pressure is already naughty, you do not need to provoke it; it is fraught with a variety of health problems, up to a micro stroke or glaucoma.
- The color of the teeth changes – the enamel darkens, turns yellow, and ceases to be snow-white. When deciding for yourself whether lemon tea is healthy every day, remember the beauty of a smile. If you abuse it, you may have to go to dentistry.
- Insomnia – brewing too strongly leads to all-night wakefulness. This is precisely the case when you need to think about your well-being the next day and not get carried away by even the most delicious Earl Gray – so that later you do not feel lethargic, apathy, and powerlessness.
Once again, we recall that green varieties are contraindicated for pregnant women since, although they are rich in trace elements, they slow down the absorption of B vitamins and folic acid, which are necessary for the healthy development of the fetus.
Well, nursing mothers are obliged to think not only about themselves but also about the child and immediately stop their taste experiments with citrus if they notice an allergic reaction or an increase in pH in the baby.
Men, on the other hand, should be careful with mint, which, in excessive quantities, can lead to hormonal changes and a deterioration in potency.
Everyone decides how many cups of water to make his daily norm: someone will be satisfied with one, and someone needs two or three.
But in general, it is worth including tea with lemon in your menu: the beneficial properties of the drink are apparent, and if you use it wisely, you will not even encounter negative consequences.